Friday, September 5, 2014

Our Home a sanctuary from the world

Tell the girls about how when I was growing up some of my friends did not have a happy home like I did.  I had a friend tell me how much she loved coming to my home basue it was peaceful, she felt at home and welcome here, she could tell my parents loved us, and even loved her as my friend.

Explain what a sanctuary is.
Somewhere sacred, somewhere safe.

What are some ways we can create a home that is a sanctuary?
After they give their list, ask their dad how we can make our home a sanctuary from the world.
List ways I have strived to do this.

Elder Eran A. Call of the seventy said:

As husbands, wives, and parents, how can we avoid the pitfalls and temptations of the troubled world we live in? I offer a few time-tested and proven ways that we can be doers, and not hearers only:
  • Parents and family members should love, honor, and respect each other.
  • Attend Church meetings together regularly.
  • Read the scriptures and pray together daily.
  • Hold family home evening and have fun together.
  • Live lives of virtue and integrity so you can sleep at night, knowing you have done your best with a conscience void of offense to anyone. A virtuous life is built step by step, brick by brick. Beware of small sins that erode integrity.
  • Communicate, talk, take time for each other. A teenager comes home from a date and seems to be concerned—what a marvelous opportunity for loving parents to listen and help.
  • Faithfully pay your tithes and offerings.
  • Avoid unnecessary debt.
  • Never make major purchases nor decisions without prayer and mutual agreement as equal partners as husband and wife.
I know if we do these things our home will be a sanctuary and we will be protected by choosing the right,  


No comments:

Post a Comment